Thursday 19 December 2013

Finding background fabrics

The other day we went for a drive so I could check out a couple of patchwork and quilting shops.  I was hoping to find some background fabrics for my quilt.  Our first stop was Cheadle which is just under half an hour away from Stone in Staffordshire.

The lady in Angie's Patchwork and Quilting was very chatty and helpful. I managed to find a couple of new background fabrics to add to the mix for my quilt. She was very interested in the pattern for the quilt and took some photos of the blocks I had taken along with me as a guide for choosing fabric.

We bought an egg and lettuce roll and a pasty in the bakery for lunch and got back in the car to head to Eccleshall. We particularly liked Eccleshall. It was a pretty little town.  The Corner Patch was a teeny little store and Jane was helpful too. I picked one more fabric to add to my collection and that was it for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment