Saturday 12 March 2011

A previous 10 year project

I've started a 10 year project once before!  It was one of the first things I started sewing.  I saw a hexagon quilt on a bed at Port Arthur, Tasmania, about 15 years ago and it stuck in my mind.  I had no idea how to go about it but found a hexagon shape on the internet and printed it and photocopied it .. again.. and again... and again.  I cut out hexagons and stitched them to my cut out papers.  Eventually I had a box full of them but no idea where to go with it next.

I stitched some into a couple of rings and joined the rings by an extra row of hexagons.  So now I had a few joined together rings with holes in the middle.  I asked advice from Corliss at Threadbear in Castlemaine and decided on the suggestion of a plain centre appliqued in.

It is almost complete - just a corner section to go plus a few centres to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment